1. Santolina at South Mountain by Woodside Homes
- This new construction is located on the Northeast corner of 35th avenue and baseline in a gated community.
- Prices range from $263,990 to $330,990 but expect to pay several thousand more for upgrades.
- Floor plans range from 1485 sqft to 3053 sqft and between 3-5 beds and 2-4 baths.
2. Park Meadows II by KB Home
- This new construction is located north of 31st avenue and southern.
- Prices range $268,990 to $282,990 with upgrades such as added bedrooms costing you more.
- Floor plans range from 1,547 sqft to 1,953 sqft and between 3-4 bedrooms and 2 baths in all floor plans.
- All floor flans are 1 story homes.
3. Silva Estate by Elliott Homes
- This new construction is located south of 23rd avenue and Dobbins in a gated community.
- Prices range from $394,950 to $433,950 with upgrades such as added bedrooms costing you more.
- Floor plans range from 2,497 sq ft to 2,929 sq ft and between 3-4 bedrooms and 3-4 baths.
4. Coming Soon
- Tierra Montana by Taylor Morrison
- Legacy at Hudson by Ashton Woods
- Ellison Trails by Meritage Homes
- All three of these developments are south of 51st avenue and Dobbins
5. Tips Before Buying New Construction
- Research the builder’s reputation and speak to buyers in the new development who have purchased from the builder to see if any issues have arised with the home or building process.
- Higher earnest money deposit.
- New constructions can still have defects thus hiring inspectors through the process is a good idea.
- Buyer cannot back out after a home inspection on a new construction unless the contingency is written into the contract, however the builder may repair the defects.
- Mortgage interest rates may fluctuate while home is being built.
- Buyer must forfeit their earnest money deposit if they want to back out due to a low appraisal for builder contracts.
- Consulting with a real estate lawyer to go over the builder’s contract is a good idea. A few points to go over are inspections, warranties and expected completion date.
- Ask for free or discounted upgrades especially in a buyer’s market.
If there is anything in the world you need help with or are looking to buy or sell in the future, save my number as “Realtor Lasker” at 480-779-8579 and my email at TaxesAndRealty@gmail.com. Good luck.